Why am I walking? #WOC_2day

In my whole 7 years with an NGO that aims to eradicate Corruption, the challenge has been to mobilise young people, men, women, and those working at all levels of government.  Very recently this focus has been on unregulated areas of society eg. Sports clubs, faith based groupings, which exists on the ground, but do not get much participation in the national and municipal level activities. 

My Message is thus shaped on my own personal ability to undertake a Challenge out on the Road.  So for me, there will be a pause to the advising, teaching, training and guiding.  I will put on the walking shoes and draw people’s attention to how we can fight corrupt behaviour, Together as a nation. 

My target group will be Mothers, and how crucial a role they hold in decision making at ALL levels.  It is not only about speaking up, but about using their role, position and influence to cultivate a Society or community that despises unethical practices, and corrupt behaviour. 
I am a mother of four, and also have a motherly influence over many others.  This is the tool that I will advocate for in bringing realities of a mother’s responsibility in getting rid of Unwanted Behaviour and Practice in our midst. 

Over the next month, I will be sharing tips, tools, insights using my FB account to motivate and empower mothers out there, on how they can identify, tackle and fight corruption.  A step each day, will see us running and in a shorter span of time, our young generation will focus on doing good business, become great citizens, and in the end harvest the fruit of hardwork and perseverance. 

 
Self with Youngest child, Emunah and Vasiti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Zealand Foreign Policy in the Pacific

Procurement Processes in Fiji and Strategies for Curbing Corruption

The Pacific Blue Economy: Towards Economies of Scale